Thursday 9 November, 2006

Loneliness Comes Without You

Like nothing I have ever felt before.
It eats away at me.
Devouring me with every thought of you.
The pain is the passageway to my heart.

Full of broken pieces I lay,
Cowering in shame.
Visions of you projected in my memories.
As the love I never had slowly sinks.

In the depth of my soul, I feel your lurking presence.
Decaying knowledge of what could have been.
Haunting my dreams, you torment my suppressed thoughts.
Insomnia becomes my only friend.

I am not in the sleepy presence of death,
yet I yurn to be awake.
Longing for comfort in the starlit journeys of others.
I crave the devotion of loving arms.

Sitting alone I do not hear,
And sence none of my surroundings.
My heart is sober in the drunkest state.
Veins and arteries clogged with dry tears.

Sweat strained eyes,
No longer obstructed by obsolete views.
Indulged with ridicule,
A blue sea of wisdom quivers my lips.

Soft spoken are the words,
'Loneliness comes without you'.
- anonymous-

0 Comments: